A Sharp mind is perhaps one of the most prerequisite things you need to have everyday. It guarantees your success at everything you do. A sharp mind is intricately related to a good memory. A good memory helps you to remember great amount of things when you are learning. It goes without saying that having a good memory makes life easier. Imagine waking up every morning with no memory of the day before or even about anything and you have to relearn everything all over, life would no doubt be difficult. hat is why it is important for us as humans. Because of it we can bring up old, cherish thoughts and smile. It is then important to always keep our mind sharp and improve our memory. Below are the ways to keep your memory sharp;
1. Eating the right nutrients: It has been seen that eating antioxidants, vitamins and omega 3 fatty acids in requisite amounts can boost up memory. Animal meat, fish oil, coconut oil. Walnuts also help in improving memory.
2. Exercise and meditation: Exercising helps in the flow of more oxygen to the brain and nerve cells. Meditation relaxes our brain and muscles and help the brain to function better.
3. Quit multitasking: Doing a lot of things together can hamper our memory. The brain takes 8 seconds to absorb a piece of information and convert it into memory. So when we are talking over the phone, cutting vegetables and watching T.V, all together we might not remember what we saw in the T.V.
4. Sleep: Getting a good sleep is very important because the nerves, brain cells and muscles relax when we sleep and improves our memory.
5. Playing Games: It has been seen that playing certain games which require intelligence can make our brain work faster and improve our thinking ability.
Let us discuss about some games which help to keep our mind sharp:
a. Chess: It is the best and the oldest game which is believed to sharpen our mind. We need logic, knowledge and intelligence to play this game.
b. Rubik’s Cube: To match same colors on each side of the cube is a difficult job. One needs concentration and patience to play this game.
c. Sudoku: This is a mathematical game and requires intelligence. Playing this game can surely improve our thinking ability
d. Crosswords puzzles: Playing crossword puzzles not only improves our vocabulary but also help us to learn new words.
e. Rummy: Playing this game not only requires good luck but also intelligence as we need to predict what cards our opponents may own.
In addition to the ones mentioned above, brain teasers are also helpful in improving our memory and keep our brain super sharp!
795 total views, 3 views today